CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Love... what it means to me..

Proverbs 30:18-19
There are three things that amaze me—
no, four things that I don’t understand:
how an eagle glides through the sky,
how a snake slithers on a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
how a man loves a woman.


I love my sweet Betty.. But what does it mean to love? The bible says in John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." That's how Jesus loves us (Agape). Are we able to replicate such love?

To me, having loved someone so deeply for so long, I know that true love means sacrifices has to be made. Love is not just saying that you love that special someone. But you must love every aspect of her; not only her laughter but also her sadness, not only her 'prettiness' but also her 'ugliness', not only her sweet fragrance but her 'natural' body perfume (hehehehe....), not only her likes but mostly her dislikes... well... the list is endless.

I've been in love with Betty for 10 years now. I must say, it's not easy. But as we grew 'wiser', we understand each other more and with that, our love for each other grew and continues to grow everyday.

You know you love that special someone so deeply when you cannot bear to be alone without a single thought of her. I've been like that... ever since that day... 10 years ago. I'm a lucky guy!

0 comments: