CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fat Burning Workouts



This is a video from Craig Ballantyne, the author of Turbulence Training. This is what he has to say about Fat Loss:

"The best fat burning exercises don't involve fancy equipment, or anything that you'd find only in an expensive commercial gym. Instead, you can burn fat just as well in the comfort of your own home as you would in the priciest, swankiest gym in Hollywood. There are no magic fat-burning machines that you need to order from an infomercial. In fact, to do most of the best fat burning exercises, all you need is your own bodyweight and dumbbells.

Let's get a few things straight about fat burning. There are a lot of myths in the weight loss industry advertising about how to burn fat and lose weight.

Research shows that shorter, harder fat burning workouts help women lose belly fat faster than long, slow, boring cardio workouts. Another study from the mid-1990's also showed the interval training worked better than cardio. That's why you will use interval training in the Turbulence Training workouts to lose more belly fat.

To get the most fat loss results in the least amount of time, combine bodyweight exercises, dumbbell exercises, and interval training for the triple threat of fat burning exercises to help you lose inches and get a flat stomach in the comfort of your own home. You don't have to do cardio workouts or other machine based movements to lose weight. In fact, the fat burning exercises I mentioned earlier, including interval training, have been proven to be even more effective for fat loss than 1980's aerobics style workouts."

I've been following his workout for quite some time now and has managed to loose some fat and build back some 'long lost' muscles on my body. Early this year, I've managed to gain some 2 kg of lean mass. But then, I committed the classic "beginners" mistake. I stop my workout regiment altogether. So, you know what happened next... hahaha.... Well, I learned my lesson and committed myself to never again stop working out no matter what. The thing I like about TT workout is that, its quick and can be done at home with minimal equipment. I only have a gym ball, 2 pairs of dumbbells and one portable chin-up bar.

I started with Craig's 12 minute workout early this month. Well, I thought I should start with a 'softer' workout after a 6 months lay-off. Man... how wrong I am. I struggled just to complete the warm-up circuit which comprised of a Y-squat (12x), a pushup (10x) and a diagonal lunge (6x per side) done twice without rest between circuit. Halfway through the circuit I just felt like I wanted to call it quits. But I continued with the workout to the end. Wow... the satisfaction of completing a workout is euphoric. I am into my 3rd week now and I am already beginning to feel some great changes in my body composition.

TT workout is great. I thank God for discovering TT. I recommend TT to everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

futsal training should be my starting point..err...re-starting point actually..he he he

Timothy J said...

hehehe.... that's a good re-start..